Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple.
One recipe low filled 2 Medium Freeze dryer trays. (more than 1 tray but not enough for two full trays)*
- Put the 2 cups of Cashews in a bowl, and pour water over until about 1 inch over the top of the cashews and let sit overnight. (If you don’t have time to let them soak you can boil for an hour instead)
- Put Cashews in a colander and rinse and let drain a little.
- Add Cashews to 4 Cups of water in your blender. Blend until creamy (I prefer a vitamix)
- Pour onto trays and freeze dry. You can pre freeze it if you want.
- Store appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
Cashew milk seems oily, not sure that this would store long term.
My cycle time was 29 hours for 4 trays of milk products
1 oz of powder to 6 oz of water
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.
When I do my cashew milk, I always put 4 cups of water for 1 cups of cashew. You put 2 cups of cashews; is it to have a milk more creamier? Thank’s
Freeze Drying Cookbook replied:
We do like it creamier for smoothies but often times we end up adding more water to it as we use it.