Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple.
1 recipe filled 1 Medium Freeze Dryer Tray*
- Put the 2 cups of Almonds in a bowl, and pour water over until about 1 inch over the top of the almonds and let sit overnight. (If you don’t have time to let them soak you can boil for an hour instead)
- Put Almonds in a colander and rinse and let drain a little.
- Add Almonds to 4 Cups of water in your blender. Blend until creamy (I prefer a vitamix)
- You can add flavoring at this time if you want.
- Strain the Almond milk through a straining bag after blending to remove any grainy almonds.
- Pour onto trays then freeze dry. You can pre freeze it if you want.
Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
Almond milk seems a little oily, not sure that this would store long term.
My cycle time was 29 hours for 4 trays of milk products.
1oz of powder to 5.5oz of Water
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray