Contributed By: Adventures in Freeze Drying
This will fill 2 medium trays with a little left over *
- In a large bowl, add both packages of gelatin, then add 2 C of boiling water and stir until the gelatin dissolves.
- Stir in the cold water, then add the yogurt and stir.
- Chill for about an hour, or until mixture becomes syrupy.
- Stir in sliced strawberries and whipped topping.
- Spread evenly on parchment lined trays, you may want to use dividers to pre-portion
- Cover and freeze until frozen solid
- Remove cover and freeze dry
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
This can be eaten freeze dried without being rehydrated.
To Rehydrate and have it reset:
- I used 8/40ths of a medium tray (divider portions) for 1 serving
- Add ½ cup of boiling water and stir for about 30 seconds
- Refrigerate for 5-6 hours
This will not be the same creamy as if freshly made, however the flavor is spot on.
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.