Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple.
This recipe will make as many trays as you choose to fill*
We recommend this for short term storage only.
- Line your trays, or get your silicone ice cube trays ready
- Fill ice cube trays about half way, or put dividers down on your trays for portion if you choose, put tray in deep freeze and fill (I use a funnel or measuring cup to avoid spillage)
- Freeze until solid
- Remove from molds and place on a lined tray if you froze in molds
- Freeze Dry
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
This rehydrated really well in my coffee. So if you wanted to take camping, or on a hike to have creamer for your coffee this would be perfect.
My cycle time in a less than full freeze dryer was 13 hours
Add a little bit of cold water and stir until desired consistency is reached
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.
What’s the range in years or months for “short term” storage