Contributed By: Adventures in Freeze Drying
2-3 5 oz boxes of Lemonheads will fill 1 medium tray*
- Set your Freeze Dryer to Candy Mode with a temp of 150℉, start your machine it will cool for 15 minutes.
- As your machine starts the 15 minute cool down, line your trays with parchment paper, and spread the Lemonheads out evenly across your tray.
- Preheat your oven to 170℉
- Once your Freeze Dryer has reached the end of the cool down period, toggle to Candy Mode, then WARM the Trays, set this for 20 minutes (You will not use all of that time, but it allows your machine to not start pulling a vacuum until you put the warm candies in)
- Once your Freeze Dryer is up to about 125 degrees, put your Lemonheads in your oven for 15 minutes.
- Once the Lemonheads are done preheating, move as quickly as you can into the freeze dryer, make sure your drain valve is closed, lock your door and then arrow down the remaining tray warming time to 0. The vacuum pump will kick on in a few seconds.
- You will want these to run for anywhere from 4 to 6 hours.
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.