Contributed By: John in Bibs
This recipe made 3 medium freeze dryer trays with 8 pucks per tray plus 2 packs of ramen per tray. John uses silicone molds (pucks). (You can purchase the molds on his Amazon store) 1 Large tray = Approx 10 pucks 1 Medium tray = Approx 8 pucks 1 Small tray = Approx 6 pucks. You could also use dividers for this recipe.*
- Open Can, and ladle into silicone molds 2-6 puck molds per medium tray. 1 can of gravy filled 4 molds (24 pucks)
- Remove from mold and put on lined trays. I put 8 pucks per tray plus 2 packages of Ramen noodles cut in half.
- Freeze Dry
- I packaged 2 pucks gravy and 1 noodle per package I added 2 O2 absorbers per bag because of fat content
- Store Appropriately. (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
Remove O2 absorbers. Add 1/2 C of boiling water (2 puck serving size), stir then seal and let sit for 2 minutes. Add more water if needed, stir, reseal, let sit for 2 minutes.
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.