Contributed By: John in Bibs
How many trays of what size does one batch of this recipe make
- To Freeze Dry Hash Browns, spread out on a baking sheet, bake until one side is golden brown, take out and flip them and bake until the other side is golden brown. Cool. Put on a Freeze Dryer tray and freeze dry.
- To Freeze Dry Scrambled Eggs, cook without oil or butter, cook slowly over low heat. Cool. Put on a freeze dryer tray and freeze dry.
- To Freeze Dry Onions and Mixed Peppers, I used pre frozen already cut purchased at the store, spread them out on a freeze dryer tray and freeze dried.
- To Freeze Dry the bacon, I baked it in the oven on a wire rack, baked one side and flipped, then baked the other side. Layered with paper towels to absorb grease, and let itcool. Then I put paper towels down on my freeze dryer tray, put a row of bacon, a paper towel and another row of bacon.
- To Freeze Dry Cheese Dip, I melted Velveeta and mixed in a can of Rotel and freeze dried it on a lined freeze dry tray. Then I powdered it.
- In your package 1 pint mylar bag place 1 C of Freeze Dried Hash Browns, ½ C of Freeze Dried Scrambled Eggs, ¼ C Freeze Dried Mixed Peppers, ¼ C of Freeze Dried Bacon pieces, 2 Tablespoons Freeze Dried Cheese Dip. To package, seal with an Oxygen absorber.
Add ¾ C boiling water, stir, seal, mush it around and let it sit for a couple of minutes and check.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!