Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple.
This recipe makes 2 Medium trays*
- In a high powered blender, add cashews, water, lemon juice, broth, garlic, salt and blend smooth. This makes the cashew cream or thickening agent and will yield 2 cups. Set aside. If you do not have a high powered blender, soak cashews for several hours first to soften them.
- In a large pot or saucepan add 4 tbsp of your choice of broth
- Add mushrooms and onion and saute until soft
- Turn down to medium heat and pour in 5 cups broth and stir
- Slowly pour in the cashew cream mixture while stirring
- Add a dash of sage, pepper and salt to taste
- Cook on medium for 10-15 minutes to get desired thickness
- If you want the soup thicker, add more cream or rue
- If you want the soup more thin, add more broth
- Ladle onto trays to disperse evenly
- Add to parchment paper or silicone lined tray with tray dividers in the 4 portion setting
- 2 squares out of 4 of the tray will equal 1 can of fully rehydrated cream of mushroom soup. This may come in handy if adding to recipes in the future
- use tray lids and freeze solid
- Freeze Dry and store appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
34 hours in medium freeze dryer using 29.69 KWh
2 squares tray divider squares (out of 4) will equal 2.½ -3 Cups of soup. Add 1-1 ¼ Cups hot water, mix vigorously and let sit for 3-5 min. and serve
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.