Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple.
This recipe makes 1 large tray*
- Core the tomatoes, stick the cloves of garlic into a cored area and spray lightly with cooking spray or cover with oil. Be careful not to over do the oil. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- While the tomatoes bake, caramelize your sliced onions.
- When tomatoes, garlic and onions are done, add them to a blender with basil and blend smooth.
- Put blended mixture into a pot and add bullion.
- Boil and it's ready to eat or freeze dry!
- Freeze dry
- Powder in a blender or food processor
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
My time was 30hr 26min in medium freeze dryer with premium pump.
It will depend on the texture you prefer .Start with a little and let sit until powder has time to absorb water, this is concentrated.
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.