Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple.
1 Recipe makes 8 cups filling 2 trays for medium, and 3 recipes filled all 5 Large trays*
- Set your InstantPot on Sauté, (prepare vegetable broth so sauté onions and ham instead of oil.) Spoon a Tablespoon or two of vegetable broth into the bottom of InstantPot and add Onion and lean diced ham and let cook until onions are slightly browned.
- Add Carrots and Celery and the rest of the 5 Cups of Vegetable Broth, 2 Cups of Split Peas, 1 tsp of Powder, and salt and pepper to taste then stir it all together.
- Close InstantPot set to Hi pressure cook and set for 20 minutes. Do a quick release
- Line your tray with precut parchment and spread out on your tray, then add tray dividers in the 10 portion setting
- pre-freeze and then freeze dry.
- Store Appropriately (see Tips and Tricks for storage help)
My cycle time in a large freeze dryer with an oil less pump was 37 hours.
Add water, stir, let stand for a few minutes and then repeat. You may want to rehydrate in a blender or food processor to make it creamy.
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!