Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple.
1 Recipe will fill 4 Large Freeze dryer trays with a little room, would be a full 4 trays for a medium. *
- If you add meat, pre-cook, rinse, use a paper towel to remove excess and set aside.
- In a Large Stock pot add 2-4 Tablespoons of water, bullion, chicken broth etc. to cook diced peppers, onions, zucchini, and mushrooms. Cook until onions start to become translucent.
- Add all tomatoes with juices, rinsed beans, add a couple of extra cups of water, then add all spices.
- Bring to a boil covered, then simmer on low for about 10 minutes (you will want the meat in before you bring to a boil.)
- Line your trays with silicone or parchment and spread evenly across trays.
- Add tray dividers into 10 portion setting
- Pre-Freeze or let everything cool and then Freeze Dry.
- Store Appropriately (see Tips and Tricks for storage help)
You may want to add Freeze Dried Cheese to the top after rehydrating. Dividers work well for making single portions.
My cycle took 37 hours in a Large Freeze Dryer with a Premier Pump
Add some boiling water, stir, cover, let sit 3-4 minutes. Repeat the process until desired consistency is reached
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.