Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple.
1 recipe will fill 1 Medium Harvest right tray with Butternut Squash Soup*
- Preheat oven to 425℉ cover baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cut Squash in half and remove seeds
- Put a little bit of olive oil on the cut side of the squash, spreading out to cover the cut side. (Be mindful of using very little, the more oil the less long term storage time)
- Salt and Pepper to taste or use homemade rub
- Put face down on your tray and roast face down in oven for 40-50 minutes
- Cook onion on the stove in a little olive oil or chicken broth. (You can add salt) once onions start to get soft add garlic and cook for 1 minute
- Once Squash is done and cooled, peel skin from squash
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor, process until smooth
- Spread evenly on a lined tray, freeze and then freeze dry (Use dividers if you want to portion for long term storage)
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
My cycle time with a full load of soup, in a medium freeze dryer with a standard pump was 32 hours
At a little bit of boiling water, stir, let sit, add more water until desired consistency is reached.
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.