Contributed by: Nancy Nier Prince
This recipe is dependent on the size of the watermelon*
- Cut the watermelon into pieces, removing the rind.
- Put the watermelon in a blender and puree until smooth.
- In a small bowl or 2 cup measuring cup, add 10 oz of boiling water to the watermelon Jello, stir and make sure the Jello is dissolved completely.
- Add Jello to the watermelon in the blender and mix together
- Using silicone molds, fill the molds, freeze until frozen solid, pop out of molds, and place on a parchment lined tray, place back in freeze for a few hours before freeze drying ***OR*** place parchment paper on a tray, pour watermelon mixture onto the tray, leaving room to add dividers, add dividers in 40 portions, then freeze until frozen solid.
- Freeze Dry
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
Assuming about 36-48 hours (will vary greatly by how juicy and type of watermelon)
Not intended, these are meant to be eaten as a snack as is.
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.