Contributed By: Adventures in Freeze Drying
This recipe will make as many trays as you have sliced bananas*
- Set your machine to 150℉, (Candy Mode) save the setting and go to the home screen and hit start.
- Line your freeze dryer trays with parchment paper.
- Thinly slice your bananas and spread out on your tray laying flat. Try not to overlap the bananas, do not put down another sheet of parchment and layer bananas.
- Once your machine has cooled for the15 minutes, select Candy mode. Put your trays into the freeze dryer, and make sure the pressure release/drain valve is closed, select Skip, and your machine will start.
- Let the bananas run for 4 hours, then stop the load, but do not hit defrost, you will end up “starting another candy batch”. Flip each banana chip over, and start the new batch, skip warming trays, and let run for another 2 hours minimum.
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help) These will not store as long as Freeze Dried Bananas, but if stored appropriately should last for several years.
Not intended or recommended
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.