Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple.
This recipe yields 1 medium freeze dryer tray*
- This recipe can be made with cow’s milk or plant/ nut milks. Add milk to a blender.
- Add 2 bananas for natural sweetener, otherwise use the equivalent of freeze dryer friendly sweetener and blend smooth.
- In a mason jar or air tight container, add sweetened milk mixture
- Add vanilla extract and chia seeds and mix/ shake container thoroughly
- Put the container into the refrigerator overnight to allow the chia seeds to expand in the mixture. This can be stored for up to 5 days in the fridge. Mix or shake contents a few times during this 24 hours if possible.
- Remove chia mixture and add to a parchment or silicone lined freeze dryer tray.
- Top with your favorite topping (strawberries, blueberries, peaches, coconut etc.) and submerge topping into chia pudding.
- Add tray dividers in the 40 portion setting and pre-freeze if possible
- Freeze dry as usual ensuring that these thick bites are completely dry
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
25 hours 14 minutes