Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple.
Recipe 1 Medium Freeze Dryer tray of Baby Food*
- Add everything except Quinoa to a blender or food processor and puree into a consistent smooth puree.
- Add Quinoa, may need to add additional water to get to the right texture.
- Line tray with parchment
- Pour baby food puree onto tray
- Put in dividers (if you choose) Can also just powder trays worth, and then make as little or as much as you want.
- Pre-Freeze before Freeze Drying
- Store appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
The dividers work very well for dividing into 40 ( or larger) equal sized portions. You may want to powder this before storing, or before rehydrating to make it easier to reconstitute. This also makes great snack bars.
My cycle time in a large freeze dryer with a premier pump was 57 hours for 5 trays of baby food.
Consistency and texture will vary, add water slowly and blend if possible.
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.