Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple.
This recipe fills 4 or more medium trays (depending on cucumber size) *
1. Slice Cucumbers in thin slices (I used a food processor slicer)
2. Dice onions
3. Add cucumbers and onions to a large bowl and mix. Set aside
4. Mix the rest of the ingredients together and add to the cucumber and onion mixture
5. Try to submerge all of the cucumbers and onions in the liquid mixture.
6. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes. (Can refrigerate overnight for more flavor)
7. Line trays with silicone. Add cucumbers (without the liquid) onto the trays
8. Pre Freeze if you have time
9. Freeze Dry
10. Package and Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
31 hours and 21 minutes in a medium freeze dryer for 4 trays
Eat freeze dried as a snack. To rehydrate: add a small amount of water
and stir. Let sit for a few minutes and add more water as needed to reach desired consistency
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!