Contributed By: Adventures in Freeze Drying
This recipe will make 1 medium Harvest Right tray of relish*
- Wash all fruit, I use a tiny bit of Dawn in a sink of cold water, sort out any mushy cranberries. Use boiling water poured over the apple and orange and wipe with a paper towel to remove wax
- Quarter and core your apple, chop the ends off of your orange and quarter, removing any seeds, leave the rind
- Put all ingredients in a food processor and process until uniform chunks is achieved
- Spread evenly on a parchment lined tray, cover with a lid and freeze until solid (dividers can be used if you want to portion this)
- Remove lid and Freeze Dry
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
36 hours in a mixed load
You will want to very slowly add cold water, stir, let stand, repeat until everything is rehydrated, but there is no standing water. This will get mushy if you over hydrate
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!