Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple.
This recipe will make as many trays of fish as you choose to make*
- Mix Brine in a large bowl that will hold 2-3 lbs of fish. Brine fish submerged for 1 hour
- Turn your Traeger on Smoke
- Rinse fish with cold water and pat dry
- Place on a baking sheet
- Using a basting brush, coat fish with honey
- Add pepper to taste
- Add Garlic to Taste
- Put on Traeger for 20 minutes on smoke
- Raise temperature to 225 ℉ for 40 minutes
- Cool and then Freeze Solid
- Spread frozen fish out on your trays
- Freeze Dry
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
My cycle time in a 2017 medium Freeze Dryer was about 23.5 hours
Add some water to the bottom of a shallow bowl or plate, put your fish in, cover with a wet paper towel. Microwave for about 3 minutes, leave covered and let sit an additional 5 minutes.
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!