Contributed By: John in Bibs
This recipe filled 2 medium trays with a serving for 1 left over*
- Remove as much fat as possible as you cut the steak into strips.
- Place steak strips, peppers, onions, salsa and fajita seasonings, and broth into a crock pot.
- Cook on low, in your crock pot, for 8 hours.
- Add rice, stir and let cook for another 45 minutes to an hour. If rice is not cooked, and you are low on moisture add a little more water.
- Line your trays, spread evenly on the tray, make sure to not overload.No more than 2.5lbs per medium tray. I set my dividers to ten portions and am considering 3 portions to be 1 serving.
- Cover with lids and freeze until solid.
- Freeze dry.
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
My cycle time was about 40 hrs
Add about 1 Cup of boiling water, stir, seal and let stand for 2 minutes. Stir, seal, and let stand for another 2 minutes.
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!