Contributed By: Nessa’s Nook
This recipe will fill 1 Large Freeze Dryer Tray very full*
I like to add onions and peppers for flavor, but you can leave them out
- Cook noodles according to box
- Cook hamburger
- Cook onions and green peppers with hamburger if you choose to add
- When noodles are cooked add hamburger, cheese, tomatoes, and taco seasoning
- Stir all together and warm through
- Put on Freeze dryer tray(s) (dividers would work for nice portions and parchment may be helpful as well)
- Pre-Freeze then freeze dry
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
My Cycle time was about 28 hours
Add a little bit of hot water, stir, let sit for 5 minutes (might be helpful to cover with a towel), and continue until you reach desired consistency.
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.