Contributed By: John in Bibs
This will make 2 medium freeze dryer trays of taco meat *
- Brown your meat, drain the meat, rinse with hot water for 5 minutes to get rid of as much fat as possible.
- Make the meat according to the taco seasoning package. (adding water, seasonings, and cooking)
- Line your freeze drying tray with parchment or silicone mats
- Spread half of the meat into one medium tray and the rest into another.
- Add dividers in desired portions
- Cool down, and Pre Freeze
- Freeze Dry
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
Add a little boiling hot water, stir, let stand for 3-5 minutes, check and repeat if necessary until the meat is rehydrated.
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!