Contributed By: John in Bibs
This recipe made 4 full medium freeze dryer trays of casserole *
- Fry up the hamburger (may want to do this in two pans of 2.5lbs each)
- For long term storage you will need to drain, and rinse before continuing
- Add Taco Seasoning and follow directions from the mix, and mix. Finish cooking and then set aside in a different dish.
- Add butter or broth to the pan to saute the frozen Pepper Stir Fry in, and saute the veggies.
- Add the cans of corn, and bring all veggies to the same temperature.
- Add everything into a stock pot, add 5 cans of Rotel, mix up, bring to boil and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Line your trays and spread evenly across 4 trays. (Dividers would work nice for portions)
- Pre-Freeze or go straight into the freeze dryer (I put one tray of cornbread muffins in the freeze dryer with this.)
- I put this into wide mouth pint jars, and filled most of the way with casserole and put some freeze dried shredded cheddar and cornbread on top.
Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
My cycle time was about 51 hours in a medium freeze dryer.
Take the muffin out of the jar, add 1 C of boiling water, put the muffin on top, let it stand covered in the jar for 20 minutes. Break up the muffin into the casserole.
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!