Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple.
- Cook and strain the spaghetti noodles
- Line trays with parchment or silicone mats
- Fill trays 2⁄3 of the way full with spaghetti spread evenly across the tray
- Pour sauce evenly over spaghetti
- Configure dividers (www.freezedryingsupplies.com) into 10 sections per tray, and push down through the spaghetti
- Add cooked, and cut up meatballs on top
- Pre Freeze or go directly into the Freeze Dryer
- Freeze Dry
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
My cycle time in a Large Freeze Dryer with the Premier Pump was 65 hours with some vacuum issues, and extra dry time to be done in the morning.
Add 1⁄2 cup of hot water to 1 portion (This was done by finding the mass of water removed and then dividing by 10)
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!