Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple.
This recipe will make 4 medium trays of Turkey and Noodles*
- Use a Sous Vide Cooker, to cook your turkey to keep it tender and moist.
- Cook turkey to 140℉
- Make a rub of the spices, and work into the outside of the meat. Put the meat into a zip lock bag, remove all air, let cook for 8 hours in the Sous Vide Bath.
- Remove from Sous Vide, and let rest for 10 minutes. Chop into bite sized pieces
- Mix Noodles, adding extra flour as needed until about a pie crust consistency. Roll it out thinly and use a pizza cutter, pasta cutter, or a knife to cut noodles similar to a fettuccine noodle. These will double in size as cooked. Let rest for about an hour
- (I made this ½ at a time using ½ the broth, noodles, and turkey)Bring broth to a boil in a large stock pot, add noodles and turn down heat and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add turkey (you can add carrots and peas if desired) and let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Spread evenly across the trays. Weight trays in grams, to keep track of moisture for rehydration purposes.
- Pre-Freeze using stackers or lids, freeze dry, re-weigh keeping track of weights and store appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
I did not pre freeze before my cycle and my cycle time was about 27 hours.
Add back the percentage of water in grams to a zip lock bag, add the turkey noodles, and use the sous vide to heat and rehydrate.
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!