Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple.
This recipe makes 1 tray of Gyros for the Medium Freeze Dryer *
- Trim noticeable fat from chicken and cube into small cubes
- Mix all ingredients for marinade
- Add chicken to marinade and mix thoroughly
- At this point you can use a vacuum chamber sealer to inject marinade or you can place in refrigerator for 4-6 hours *
- Cook marinated chicken until done in a splash of veggie broth
- You can also add the optional garnishes, Pita bread or tzatziki sauce (recipe can be found in the cookbook) to a separate freeze dryer tray
- Add chicken to a parchment paper lined tray and freeze dry
- Pre Freeze when possible
- Freeze Dry
- Store Appropriately. (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
*if using a vac sealer, add 1/4-1/2 Cup water and mix (see video)
My Cycle time was Approx. 30 hours w/ no pre freeze in a medium freeze dryer
Chicken can be difficult to rehydrate. Allow 4-5+ minutes. Garnishes can be rehydrated, used as a topper in freeze dried form or added to tzatziki sauce. For Pita bread, place in zipper bag or container with a wet
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!