Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple.
This will fill as many trays as you have produce for *
- GEAR UP! Be safe, masks, gloves and eye protection is recommended!!! Save preparing the hottest peppers for last, ventilate!
- Cut off the tops of your peppers and chop, you can remove the seeds if you desire.
- Spread out across parchment lined trays.
- Freeze dry
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
- I stored mine several different ways:
- I powdered the Reapers using a food processor (wearing a respirator mask). I would also recommend gloves and eye protection. I would recommend doing this in your garage or outside.
- I stored the rest as chopped, in small portions, to throw into stir fries and eggs as I cook.
- I added some straight to freeze dried egg powder, added the water for the eggs, mixed and let them stand, and then cooked.
My cycle time was about 19.5 hours.
To rehydrate just the peppers, let them sit in cold water.
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!