Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple.
As many trays as weight of green beans you have to store*
- Snap the ends off of each green bean, and break into bite sized pieces
- Wash, soak for a while to get dirt and bugs off. Then rinse.
- Blanch in boiling water for 2-3 minutes and put them in ice cold water and strain.
- Spread out on a a tray lined with pre-cut parchment
- If you want to add spices for snacks, do so now.
- Freeze until solid
- Freeze Dry
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
My cycle time in a large freeze dryer with 5 trays of Green Beans with an oilless pump was about 47 hours
Add a dollop of butter if desired, then add boiling hot water, and drown the green beans. Dunk, cover with foil, and let sit for 5-10 minutes. Then cook them like you normally would. Then cover and let stand for up to 30 minutes.
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!