Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple.
You can use this recipe to make as much or as little as you want*
- Rinse your tomatoes and core them. Drop them in a pot of boiling water for one minute.
- Scoop them out with a slotted spoon and put them in a bowl of ice water. Now the skins will slip off easily.
- Core tomatoes
- Chop tomatoes to desired size
- Cook for 10-15 minutes
- Line Freeze Dryer Tray with parchment or silicon
- Spread out tomatoes
- Pre-Freeze or go straight into the Freeze Dryer
- Freeze Dry
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
My cycle time was 30 and 1⁄2 hours in a medium freeze dryer with 3 trays full of liquid tomato products and 1 of tomato chips.
Add water, stir, let sit, repeat until desired consistency is reached.
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!