A Freeze Dried Pantry Recipe
Contributed By: Adventures in Freeze Drying
This recipe will make roughly 32 regular sized muffins*
- Preheat oven to 425℉ and either spray muffin tins, or line with cupcake liners
- In a small mixing bowl, weigh out 72 g of freeze dried Pumpkin Puree, stir in roughly 690 g of water (you will want 3 C of rehydrated Pumpkin Puree when you are done, depending on pumpkin variety your rehydration calculation may be different) let sit.
- In a small bowl, add 4 Tbsp of freeze dried egg powder and 4 Tbsp of cold water and whisk together, let sit.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, ginger, and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine the oil, sugars, pumpkin, egg, and milk.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix.. Batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Add chocolate chips and mix
- Spoon the batter into liners filling ¾ to all the way full.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425℉ then reduce the oven temp to 350℉ and continue baking for an additional 16-17 minutes, or until done.
- Allow muffins to cool for 5 minutes before enjoying.
- Cover tightly and store at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.