Contributed By: Adventures in Freeze Drying
6 Peppers diced filled 1 medium tray*
- Wash your peppers, I used lukewarm water, a squirt of dawn, and a little bit of vinegar in my sink, and rinsed thoroughly.
- Cut your peppers, removing stems and ALL seeds. (Seeds hold onto moisture, one seed not freeze dried all the way will ruin your peppers in storage)
- Spread the peppers evenly across the tray, cover with a lid and freeze until solid.
- Remove lids and Freeze Dry
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
42.5 hours along with other stuff in the freeze dryer
- These can be eaten as a freeze dried snack, or you can use them in your cooking.
- To rehydrate the peppers, ¼ C of peppers rehydrated with ⅛ C of water.
- You can just toss the peppers in while you are cooking and add a little extra water if needed.
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.