A Freeze Dried Pantry Recipe
Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple.
1 average sized apple = about 1 cup of Apple Paste*
- Core your apples and add to a blender.
- Puree until smooth and has a paste like consistency (can add a little water if needed)
- Pour onto a lined tray
- You can pre-freeze to speed up the freeze drying cycle
- Freeze Dry
- Add the Freeze Dried Pureed Apples back into a blender and use blender to powder
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
This will be used in recipes, these are still raw uncooked apples.
* Extra Large Tray = 15 Cups/Tray Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.