Contributed By: Adventures in Freeze Drying
This recipe will fill as many trays as you choose to fill*
- Brew a cup of coffee the way you want it brewed, add any creamer etc.
- Using silicone molds, pour the cup of coffee into the molds,(keeping track of how much coffee you had by volume in your cup) and freeze 24-48 hours or until frozen solid.
- Remove from silicone molds, and place on a parchment lined tray.
- Freeze Dry ( I would recommend at the end of the regular freeze drying cycle, to flip each puck of coffee over, and then continue freeze drying for an additional 12 hours)
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
Add Boiling water to the freeze dried coffee mix, until you reach the volume of coffee you had before freeze drying. (I like to make 20 oz mugs of coffee, so I would add 20 oz of water back to the pucks from one mug of coffee)
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.