Contributed By: John in Bibs
Recipe yields approximately 6 Cups *
John uses silicone molds for this recipe. This recipe yields 12 pucks (2 silicone molds)(You can purchase the molds on his Amazon store) 1 Large tray = Approx. 10 pucks 1 Medium tray = Approx. 8 pucks 1 Small tray = Approx. 6 pucks. You could also use dividers for this recipe.
1. Bring water to boil
2. Add ¼ tsp salt and 1 Cup of Quick Grits stir as adding to keep from clumping. Cook over medium covered for about 4 minutes. Add Butter powder and stir until dissolved, continuing to cook over medium heat. Add mashed apple pie filling, and keep cooking and stirring, turn to high and bring to boil. Turn off.
3. Add spices and sugar and then stir. Turn on high and add milk, bring back to a boil,
reduce heat and stir constantly until grits are done.
4. Ladle into silicone molds, then Freeze
5. Put pucks (removed from molds) on a lined tray and freeze dry.
Rehydration: Remove O2 absorber. Add 1/2 C of boiling water to 2 cup serving size. Stir then seal and let sit for 2 minutes. Add more water if needed, stir, reseal, let sit for 2 minutes.
*Dividers would also work well for this recipe. Get them here www.freezedryingsupplies.com
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.