Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple.
This recipe makes 1 Large tray of Gravy and 1 Large tray of biscuits*
- Cook and drain sausage, then rinse with hot water, then let drain again
- Bake biscuits while sausage is cooking
- In a pan, heat 4 cups of milk.
- Pull ⅓ - ½ Cup of warmed milk out and mix with ¾ cup flour to make rou
- Add rue back into the heated milk
- Add a couple pinches of pepper
- Add 1lb of cooked sausage
- Line trays with parchment paper, dump gravy onto one Large tray
- Set dividers to ten portions, and push into tray
- Cut each biscuit into 16 pieces and put in one portion of a tray divider (set to 10 per pan)
- Freeze Dry
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
My cycle time was just over 37 hours in a Large Freeze dryer with a premier pump running 5 trays total of makings for Biscuits and Gravy.
Separate biscuit chunks from Gravy, add just less than 1 ½ cups water to gravy, stir, add in biscuits, let stand covered for 5 minutes, stir, let stand for 4 more minutes covered. (This is for 2 portions of gravy and biscuits)
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.