*Recipe yields approximately 6 Cups
- Cook the rice according to the package
- Add everything to a blender or food processor and puree into a consistent smooth puree.
- Line tray with parchment
- Pour baby food puree onto tray
- Put in dividers (if you choose). I used 40 portions per tray. Can also just powder trays worth, and then make as little or as much as you want.
- Pre-Freeze before Freeze Drying
- Store Appropriately (See tips and tricks for storage help)
Notes: The dividers work very well for dividing into 40 (or fewer) equal sized portions. You may want to powder this before storing, or before rehydrating to make it easier to reconstitute. This also makes great snack bars.
My cycle time in a large freeze dryer with a premier pump was 57 hours for 5 trays of baby food.
Consistency and texture will vary, add water slowly and blend if possible
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!