Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple.
This recipe makes 1 tray of Gyro Meat for the Medium Freeze Dryer*
- Crumble Tofu with your hands
- Mix all ingredients for marinade
- Add Tofu to marinade and mix thoroughly
- At this point you can use a vacuum chamber sealer to inject marinade or you can place in refrigerator for 4-6 hours
- Cook marinated Tofu until done in a splash of veggie broth
- You can also add the optional garnishes, Pita bread or tzatziki sauce (recipe can be found in the cookbook) to a separate freeze dryer tray
- Add Tofu to a parchment paper lined tray and freeze dry (Use dividers to portion)
- Pre Freeze
- Freeze Dry
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
Add water slowly until the desired consistency.
My Cycle time was Approx.. 30 hours w/ no pre freeze in medium freeze dryer