Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple.
This recipe makes 2 medium trays*
- Cube Sweet potatoes into small cubes and add to a basket lined instant pot (if not using an instant pot, boil or cook until done)
- Add 1 Cup water to pressure cooker or instant pot, 5 minutes on high pressure and instant pressure release at finish
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, dice onions
- Add a small amount of vegetable broth to a frying pan
- When pan is hot, add onions and garlic and saute until translucent
- Add drained black beans
- Combine sweet potatoes to pan and mix while adding additional spices
- Mash avocados to a guacamole type texture and mix with other ingredients (this gives a creamy texture to the mix without using sour cream, cheese or butter)
- If adding cheese, now is a good time to do so while mix is hot
- Add to parchment lined tray and add tray dividers in the 10 portion setting
- Freeze Dry
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
After rehydrating the filling, roll 1 serving into 1 tortilla shell.
Use our ENCHILADA SAUCE RECIPE https://freezedryingcookbook.myshopify.com/blogs/recipes/enchilada-sauce, and add a small amount of sauce to the bottom of a baking pan, use the rest to top the enchiladas (with optional cheese) and bake at 350 for 25-35 minutes until edges are crisp
Approximately 28 Hours In medium freeze dryer (we had power outage and issues during our cycle)
Add water slowly and let sit for 3 minutes, add more water if needed and let
sit for an additional 3-4 Minutes
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!