Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple.
This recipe is dependent on size and amount of pork chops*
- Trim all fat from pork chops. If the chops are thick, cut them the long way to make them no more than ½” thick to prevent not drying and for easy rehydration. Remove all bones
- in a bowl or dish, lay down sprigs of rosemary, followed by the pork chops.
- Then add several tablespoons of minced garlic on top, add apple juice and then submerge pork chops in broth.
- If you are using a vacuum chamber sealer, use the marinade function to marinate chops, otherwise allow them to marinate for several hours.
- Put the marinade and meat into a sous vide bag or if using a slow cooker add all contents to the slow cooker pan. Add optional apple slices at this time.
- If sous vide cook for 2 hours on 140 degrees, if slow cooker, cook until you reach 140 degrees on the chops
- Place pork chops on pre-cut parchment paper lined tray, add liquid to ice cube trays or molds and pre-freeze
- Freeze dry
- Mix together additional apple juice and freeze dried marinade cubes with water.
- If you have a vac chamber sealer, rehydrate chops in it with warm liquid mixture, otherwise let sit for 3-5 minutes.
- Once pork chops are rehydrated, you can pan finish or grill finish with oil or butter for 30 seconds on each side for a crisp exterior
33 hours 14 minutes
Mix additional apple juice with cubed marinade and heat. Add back to pork chops and let sit for 3-5 minutes until fully rehydrated
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!