Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple.
- Use a fork to tenderize the steaks, in a glass container, add marinade and then use your vacuum chamber sealers Marinade function. You can seal the meat in a vacuum sealer bag in the vacuum chamber.
- If you do not have a chamber sealer, you can use a vacuum sealer and bag to marinate the meat too.
- Grill until you reach medium rare, cover with a foil and let rest for 5-10 minutes. (Meat will not look the same when rehydrated… temp and taste is what is important, not the pink with myoglobin keeping it pink)
- Slice the cooked steaks into thinner slices. Spread evenly across a parchment lined tray.
- You can cover with a lid and freeze until solid, or go straight into the Freeze Dryer.
- Freeze Dry
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
20 hours 34 minutes using 10.92 kwH of Electricity
Remember that the steaks were cooked to medium rare.
- In a pan that will fit into your camber vac, add steak slices, some broth, liquid aminos, garlic, 1 shot of bourbon, splash of sriracha, some Worcestershire, spritz with some olive oil, and some water. Place in the chamber using Marinade function.
- Seal the meat and marinade into a vacuum sealer bag.
- Reheat and cook in a Sous Vide until meat gets to desired temp (I chose 130℉) (medium rare, medium, etc.) (About 10 minutes to just warm up)
- Remove from vacuum sealer bag and enjoy
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.