Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple.
This recipe will make as many trays by weight as you have plums*
- Wash wild plums well
- Using a sharp knife, slice through the skin of each plum (the larger the slice the easier to freeze dry.
- Put pre-cut parchment down on your tray, and spread the sliced plums out.
- Cover with a lid, and freeze until solid.
- Remove lid, and freeze dry
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
Warning the fruit will still have a pit, so when you eat these be ready to deal with the pit.
My cycle time in a mixed load, medium freeze dryer was 37 hours.
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!