Contributed By: Adventures in Freeze Drying
This recipe will make as many Golden Oyster Mushrooms as you can fit in your Freeze Dryer*
- In a sink with lukewarm salt water, dump your Golden Oyster mushrooms into the sink, and proceed to remove insects and pests and cut each mushroom free of the stock and place mushrooms in a colander to drip dry.
- Once all of the mushrooms are cleaned, work on placing mushrooms gill side up on parchment lined trays, you can layer your mushrooms if you keep an eye on the stems and make sure they won’t be touching the bottom of the rack above each tray.
- Start Freeze Dryer, wait to load the trays of mushrooms until the machine tells you to.
- Freeze Dry
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
about 24 hours
- You can add a wet paper towel to the mushrooms in a brown paper bag and place in your fridge overnight.
- Spritz with water or broth of choice, let sit for 5-10 minutes and spritz again until rehydration is achieved.
- Add straight to recipes that already have a liquid content like soup.
* Extra Large Tray = 15 Cups/Tray Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.