Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple.
This recipe will make as many trays as you choose to make*
- Cut as evenly as you can, I recommend using a pineapple corer/cutter to get the slices the same, then cut down to bite size pieces.
- Line your tray with parchment before putting pineapple on trays.
- Pre-freeze or go straight into the freeze dryer
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
Note: Pineapple is very acidic, you can rinse the pineapple before freeze drying to bring the acid level down a little bit.
My cycle time in an older medium freeze dryer for a mixed load of fruit was about 48 hours.
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!