Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple.
1 batch almost fills a medium tray *
- Slice onions, peel garlic, core tomatoes and cut in half.
- Place whole jalapenos, sliced onions, peeled garlic, and cut tomatoes on a baking sheet and broil until well cooked. Flipping over the vegetables to evenly broil both sides.
- Remove from oven and let slightly cool
- Cut stems off of Jalapenos, cut in half and remove seeds and holding back until later (will add seeds back in a little at a time to reach desired heat)
- Put all vegetables into a food processor and process.
- Taste, add water, salt, and Jalapeno seeds until desired consistency and taste.
- Line trays with a silicone mat or parchment
- Poor into Freeze Dryer tray add dividers and pre-freeze
- Freeze Dry
- Store Appropriately. (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
My cycle time was 45 hours running a standard pump and old program, with a mixed load.
Add water, stir, let stand, repeat until you reach desired consistency
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.