Contributed By: Martha Rayon
This recipe will make 2 medium trays of chili*
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil/broth in Instant Pot on Saute or on stove top in a pan. Add chicken and 1 teaspoon salt, and sear. Brown in 2 parts of need be. Remove chicken.
- Turn heat down to medium, and heat the remaining teaspoon of oil/broth. Add the garlic, onion, and celery, and cook for 5 minutes, until soft
- Add the chili powder, cumin, cinnamon, and cloves, and stir, cooking for 1 minute. Pour in the broth, scrape the bottom of the pan, and transfer to the Instant Pot. Add chicken back in.
- Add the pine nuts, sweet potato puree, chipotle seasoning, wine vinegar, coconut aminos, 2 teaspoons salt, and pepper to taste.
- Programmable pressure cooker: cook for 13 minutes with natural pressure release.
- Slow cooker: Cover, and cook on Medium setting for 6 hours.
- Let chili cool before chilling.
- Place on parchment lined freeze dryer trays and freeze solid.
- Freeze Dry
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
For each two meal gusseted bag, measure up 2 1/4 cups liquid. Use this liquid gradually to rehydrate.
This rehydrates beautifully but you need to give it at least 20 minutes.
A marinate function on a foodsaver or vacuum sealer is a great way to rehydrate freeze dried food.
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!