Contributed By: Nessa’s Nook
This Recipe will make 1+ Large Trays*
- Cook the hamburger, if using fresh Onions and Peppers, add to meat while cooking.
- Drain the hamburger, and rinse thoroughly with hot water to remove as much grease as possible.
- Add Rotel, pinto beans, chicken broth powder(if not using chicken broth), taco seasoning, and water. (If using Freeze Dried Onions and Peppers add now)
- Stir, and then cook until hot (you can do this on the stove or in a crock pot.
- Cool, and then pour into lined trays, I would pre-freeze before going into the freeze dryer.
- Freeze Dry
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
My cycle time was about 28 hours
Add boiling water a little at a time, stir, let sit for 2 minutes, and repeat until you reach desired consistency.