Contributed By: Adventures in Freeze Drying: For Beginners
3 Pounds of average lemons filled 4 medium trays*
- Using Boiling hot water, dip each fruit into the boiling water for up to 60 seconds, then finish rubbing wax off of fruit with paper towels.
- Slice as evenly as possible. I tried to slice mine no more than 1⁄4 inch thick
- Line trays with parchment or silicone.
- Space out fruit in single layer it’s okay if they are touching
- Pre-Freeze in freezer
- Freeze Dry
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
My lemons are very potent! One slice will add flavor to multiple 24 oz water bottles of water, and can get overpowering if left to sit...you may want to slice your slices in half before you freeze dry.
My cycle time was 24 hours using single layer of fruit in a medium Harvest Right Freeze Dryer with the Premier pump.
Not intended. Great for adding to your water for flavor or powdering
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.