Contributed By: Adventures in Freeze Drying
This recipe will fill 2 medium trays*
- Cube your Velveeta and put into a crockpot on low heat
- Add 2 cans of Rotel and stir
- Cook your hamburger, drain and rinse
- Add hamburger to the crockpot
- Stir every fifteen minutes until the queso is smooth
- Spread on a parchment lined tray, and add dividers set to 40 portion
- Pre-Freeze until frozen solid
- Freeze Dry
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
22 ½ Hours
One serving is 10-12 squares
Add ½ C of boiling water to the squares, with a fork or spoon break apart the squares and stir in the boiling water, cover and let sit for 5 minutes, stir again, add a little more water if necessary, you can also microwave to reheat and let sit until rehydrated. This takes time and patience to rehydrate fully.
* Extra Large Tray = 15 Cups/Tray Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.