Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple
This recipe will fill 2 small trays*
- Cook cubed or cut chicken or pork and set aside
- Rinse and cook rice or chickpeas and chop carrots, bell pepper and onion
- In a saucepan, add a small amount of broth and saute until softened
- Then add ginger and garlic and cook for 2 more minutes
- Then add coconut milk, passata (tomato sauce), vegetable broth, pumpkin puree
- For the spices, add in curry powder, turmeric, cumin, salt, paprika and pepper. Stir well and simmer for 7-8 minutes until vegetables are soft
- If adding chicken or pork, add this in while simmering or freeze dry separate and add into storage bag
- After curry has simmered add in kale and cook until it wilts
- Mix curry sauce into the cooked rice
- Add mix to pre cut parchment paper lined freeze dryer trays and add the tray dividers in the 8 portion setting (each portion will be approximately ½ Cup).
- Store Appropriately (See Storage Tips)
½ Cup of hot water to each single tray divider portion. Mix and allow 3-5 minutes to rehydrate
* Extra Large Tray = 15 Cups/Tray Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.