Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple.
This recipe makes 4 small trays or 20 cups*
- Cook noodles until Al Dente, drain and rinse noodles and add back into large pot
- If adding chicken, cook chicken chunks until done. These can be added to the sauce later or freeze dried separately
- For the sauce, add bouillon broth, minced garlic, milk or milk replacement, parmesan cheese, pumpkin and nutmeg
- Cook over medium heat until cheese is melted and sauce is thick and creamy
- Pour sauce over noodles in pot and mix thoroughly
- Add noodles and sauce back to heat for 1-2 minutes and ensure noodles are fully coated
- Add noodles and sauce (tongs are helpful) to freeze dryer trays and top with parsley
- In the small freeze dryer, I used the 4 portion setting on the tray dividers (1-1 ½ cup servings)
- Freeze Dry
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
Note: Since this alfredo does not use butter, additional salt may be necessary for desired taste. If using heavy cream or ½ & ½ in this recipe, storage results may vary.
34 hours in the small pro model
For every 1- 1 ½ cups of freeze dried mixture, add 16 oz. or 1 cup of hot water. Let stand for 3-5 minutes before mixing so the noodles do not get broken up. Mix well and enjoy!